Thursday, March 26, 2009

Live Messenger IM Control on Blogger

I was reading Mix’09 update from Angus Logan’s blog and noticed Live Messenger IM Control on the side. I found it cool and wanted to add it to my blogger blog as well. Here are the steps that I have followed to get this up and working on my blog.

  1. Get html code for Live Messenger IM Control as specified at Delegated Authentication with the Windows Live Messenger IM Control
  2. Go to Customize > Layout > ‘Page Elements’ on your blogger site
  3. Click on ‘Add a Gadget’ link
  4. Select HTML/JavaScript gadget from Basics collection
  5. Insert the html code generated in step 1 to the ‘Content’ area and give an apt title.
    • Note: You will have to adjust the height and width of iframe to fit correctly with your blogger page template
  6. Save and view your blog. You are all set. :)

Thanks to Rajendra for helping me with this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment