Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Writing blogs using Live Writer

Windows Live Essentials come with a set of goodies. Out of which Live Writer is a tool which can be used to write blogs and publish to most of the popular blog sites. I am also trying out the same. And this blog is written and posted to my blogger site using Windows Live Writer.

I am listing down, what I liked about Live Writer.

  • Preview of blog is much much better from Live Writer. I love it.
  • Switching between Edit, Preview and Source is faster.
  • I don’t need to do an explicit spell checker
  • I have better control while inserting hyperlinks
  • Tables, alignments, picture, formatting etc looks good. (Haven’t used it really)

What did I not like about Writer?

  • While showing the preview, the labels shown do not seem to be correct. This could be a bug with Writer.
  • With Live Writer also, I am not able to see the code block, custom edit of the template that I made is not coming proper in the preview mode. Yea, I understand that it is difficult for both Blogger and Writer to do it, as it need to sort of invoke the runtime page execution to run the custom script and generate the html output. This is something which I would really like to have. (Either auto execution of script in preview mode, or code style inbuilt in the blogger theme).

Disclaimer: I haven’t used blogger for long time. So I am not really sure about all the features of blogger create page. These are my initial impressions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment